Assembling the right small team, comprised of top talent with experience from the best well-known service firms sets us apart from traditional staffing agencies. Small teams typically range from 3 to 10 resources. One umbrella agreement simplifies the customer’s sourcing processes providing one set of overall objectives to the team, rather than managing several individual contributors.
Examples of small teams
- ERP database initialization. Populate data for testing or prior to go-live.
- Interim backoffice. New office start-up or during location transition.
- Web traffic management. Knowledge transfer from experts on SEO techniques.
- Training team. Design, develop and deliver training as part of larger project.
Contrast this approach
vs. quick win … Small team service delivery may last from a few weeks to beyond a year. In contrast quick win projects typically complete within 3 months or less.
vs. staff augmentation … Small teams service delivery typically has a defined set of objectives, or scope of work. In contrast staff augmentation is frequently more about staffing a role – not delivery to a scope of work. Small team service delivery provides the client with a single point of contact for several resources rather than individual management of several independent contractors.
Important steps to undertake prior to engaging a small team
- Identify the body of work needing to be accomplished
- Compare the pros/cons of a small teams vs. multiple independent contractors
Explore these services. Our ERP, change management, and industry specialiats help our customer accelerate through crucial portions of larger initiatives.