Overview: This task provides employees with clear instructions or documentation of procedures and processes. Employees gain specific knowledge of how to perform new or refined processes. New workflows are documented.
Considerations: Procedure documentation can create confusion. Use a standard format. Procedure writing can be quite involved. It is important to get a skilled and experienced people in procedures documentation to help with this task. Who has experience in procedure writing?
- Confirm that all documentation will clarify new or refined processes.
- Decide on a format for how procedures will be developed.
- Set standards for how procedures will be developed.
- With SME help, gather insight on how the process will be done.
- Draft the procedure in standard format.
- Conduct a pilot test to examine how well procedures work.
- Make any necessary revisions resulting from pilot test.
- Secure management approval for publishing and distributing procedure.